The property where the Bonaventure Cemetery lays, was originally the Bonaventure Plantation owned by Colonel John Mullryne.
The plantation served as a hospital for the French troops in 1779,which were trying to take Savannah from British control. They succeeded in 1782, branding the Mullrynes as traitors. The property returned to descendants of the Mullrynes in 1785, when it was bought by Josiah Tattnall, jr. and remained in the Tattnall family until 1846.
It's life as the Bonaventure Cemetery started in 1846, lots of history, and some haunted stories can be found here. It is definitely worth the visit.